Jan 25, 2008

Fun Food Friday *Basil & Tomato Pasta*

This is a recipe that I have had since college. One of my housemates, Brooke would make this pasta for us. It smells SO good while it is cooking. It tastes like you really spent a lot of time, but it is a meal that I can whip up in 15 minutes flat!

Basil & Tomato Pasta

  • 2 cans of Italian stewed tomatoes
  • one whole garlic bulb (minced)
  • 3 Tbs. olive oil
  • small bunch of fresh basil
  • 1 pint heavy whipping cream

  • options (add cooked shrimp or chicken chunks for variety) shrimp is VERY good in this!

Saute garlic and olive oil in a frying pan until lighly browned. (only a few min.) Add stewed tomatoes and basil. Let simmer on med heat while you cook angel hair pasta. (cook pasta according to directions on pkg.) Add whipping cream to tomato mixture. Only cook long enough to heat whipping cream. Remove from heat. Drain pasta and toss with tomato sauce together. See.....easy!

Serve with some yummy crusty bread from the Olive Mill and you're set! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Kim Skinner said...

That is so funny because I have a recipe VERY similar to that one. It is one of my all-time favorites. Now if I could just get my herb garden growing...I love all of the fun stuff on your BLOG. You are a pro already. I especially love the juicy tidbits.

Becky said...

Yum this recipe sounds great! I'll have to try it soon. I don't have basil anymore, but I have a ton of oregano in my front yard if you ever need any come on over!

Karolee said...

I really need to start an herb garden. Don't be surprised if I call you for tips Becky. :) Or maybe just for some oregano! Yum!