Jan 22, 2008

Juicy Tidbit Tuesday *B Button*

Well, you can probably guess from the title what my little secret is. Now remember, because you come here to visit my blog, you get to see a little more about the crazy things I have done. And maybe some things I continue to do!

The spring after I graduated from high school, I thought it would be a great idea to get my belly button pierced. I had wanted to do this for a long time, and thought because I was in college I could do whatever I wanted. Yes, I was a tad rebellious back then. Of course I'm not anything like this anymore!

I had taken my best friend Mary to get her's done in Las Vegas by some creepy old guy at this 'beauty salon' that also did permanant makeup and whatnot. I would've gotten mine pierced at the same time, but I was poor that weekend so I just went along for the ride. Mary was a little woozy on the way home, so I drove her car back to Cedar City and got my first speeding ticket. (but that's a totally different post) I still don't think my parents know about that!

After seeing that Mary didn't get some gross infection in the following weeks I got up the courage to do mine too. Back then you had to go to a tatoo parlor to have it done. I'm sure you could walk into Target or anywhere now, but this was a long time ago when this was a new thing. Yes, I'm kind of old.

I went to State Street, found the 'nicest' looking tatoo parlor and held my breath. I don't remember much except that the tech. used some sort of nitrogen spray to numb my stomach and then grabbed this HUGE curved needle and. . .OUCH! Done. It must have been really long ago because I swore my sister was with me but I just talked to her and she said it wasn't her. I think she is trying to claim ignorance on this one. Come one Keri, mom and dad weren't that mad!

I don't really know why I got it done. I never showed it off because I didn't want my parents to find out (they found out 2 years later), and I kind of forgot about it until I was pregnant with Maddy. It didn't look so cute showing through my shirts when my belly started to really stick out, so I decided to take it out, and then I just never put it back. Now you know.

The End.

4 comments:

Kim Skinner said...

Love the juicy tidbits. We all have some of these stored up. :)

jAke said...

I really miss that belly ring . . .It was SASSY

Karolee said...

Actually it was SILLY! Just like you! :)

Cresta said...

hmmm...you learn something new everyday! How fun! I like your juicy tidbit tuesdays - keep em coming!