Mar 7, 2008

Fun Food Friday *Japanese Cabbage Salad*

I'm trying to be less of a carb-adict, so we made these yummy salads for dinner last night.

Just fyi, the Crooked Carrot has cabbage right now and it is so good, not bitter at all and the heads are HUGE!

My sister Kris and I used to make this for dinner at least once a week in the summer because it is refreshing, yet filling. That sounded really dumb, but you get the idea. Ok, on with the recipe.

For the salad:


  • 1/2 large head of cabbage (chopped)
  • 2 green onions (chopped)
  • 1-2 chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
  • 2 pkgs. of Ramen noodles uncooked and broken into bits (or rice noodles)
  • 3 Tbs. almond slices (toasted)
  • 3 Tbs. sesamie seeds (toasted)

Toss all together then add this dressing:

Dressing

  • 3 Tbs. red wine vinegar
  • 3 Tbs. sugar
  • 2 Tbs. salad oil
  • 1 tsp. pepper (the girls wished that I used a little less)
  • dash of salt
  • dash of sesamie oil (I didn't have this and it was still good)

Toss with dressing and serve.

I had forgotten how good this was until I had it again last night. I think Jake had 3? 4 bowls? It's that yummy! Give it a try!

0 comments: