Mar 6, 2008

Happy Thought Thursday *Sisterly Love*

I get so discouraged when I hear my girls argue with each other and I worry that the sibling rivalry is already starting. Usually they get along, but they rarely show real affection to each other...until Tuesday.

While I was upstairs doing laundry, Miranda was playing on the computer and Maddy was having some craft time. After about an hour, Maddy called me down and told me to close my eyes as she led me by the hand into the living room. She did the same thing to Miranda and sat her right by me.
She told us to open our eyes and this is what we found:



Grape juice, tortilla chips, marshmallows and these really cute cards:








Apparently this is hot chocolate, and the top where it says "beep" is someone blowing a noise-maker. So sweet! I read Miranda her card and she sat there just beaming. She gave Maddy a big hug and for once Maddy didn't cringe away like she has been for the last 6 months!






I love the way she hooked the shapes onto my card. Very nice touch. What a creative girl she is becoming!


She also wrote the same message inside all of our cards:

Thanks Maddy. We all think you are the best too!

2 comments:

Stacia said...

That was so sweet of Maddy! Between you and Jake she has to have a creative bone in her body.

Karolee said...

It's all from Jake. I swear! :)