It's not Friday anymore. Where in the world does the time go?
I'm still going to do a recipe even if it is Monday. This is a great one to serve with Jake's Peach-Mango Salsa from last Friday's post. Don't let the name freak you out. I use Mahi, Ahi tuna or swordfish. These are all very mild fish, and if you are still leary, I guess you could use chicken.
Ok, the fish part is super easy so I'm not really going to go in depth. Get enough fish to feed your crowd, then use Lawrey's 30 Minute Mesquite Lime marinade (found at Albertson's) on the fish, marinate for 30 minutes (obviously) and then just grill it.
To serve them you will want to have small corn tortillas, shredded cabbage, cheese, salsa (best with Jake's), and maybe black beans and rice. Then you top with this Jalapeno sauce that I'm about to give you the recipe for. Ready? Here you go:
Jalapeno Sauce
- 1 & 3/4 cup mayo (I use light)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 fresh jalapeno
- 2 Tb. white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup dried cilantro (I prefer fresh)
- salt to taste
- juice of one lime (opt.)
Blend in a blender and you're done!
Now if anyone tries these please let me know. I know there a lot of seafood haters out there! A few of you have tried these so tell everyone else how good they are!
Enjoy!

3 comments:
I will vouch for you on these exceptional fish tacos! They truly rival even Lone Star Taqueria's which I believe were voted best in Salt Lake. I tried to make them myself a couple of weeks ago, but didn't have your recipe for the jalapeno mayo sauce or the marinade for the fish. Mine were OK, but not quite right. Now I know and I think I'll be making them this weekend!
P.S. Dave and the kids are going to be down in Phoenix for Friday night, only long enough to attend his grandma's birthday party and leaving again Saturday morning. I couldn't come because of school. Miss you guys!
Ohh. You're too sweet! Thanks for talking up my tacos Patty! :)
I wish I could see your family while they were here. We sure miss you guys too! I'll be running across the desert on Friday and Saturday, maybe I'll pass Dave and the kids! :)
Post a Comment