I love to dance! Actually, I have to dance!
When I'm in the car, at home or even in the grocery store, if I hear a song that I like or something with a great beat, I have to dance! I have been like that as long as I can remember. I especially loved to dance in front of an audience when I was really young.
My sister and I used to go dancing twice a week. Every week in the summer. Wednesdays and Saturdays were our nights to get our groove on! If you are familiar with Salt Lake, The Bay was our danceclub of choice.
Now, the thing about The Bay was that it was an 18 and older club, and I was only 16. Being that my sister Keri loved dancing as much as I did, and the fact that she didn't particularly love driving, she was nice enough to sneak me in if I drove to the club.
We had it all figured out. She would go and get in line with her driver's license, and I would wait for about 15 or 20 people to go in, then I would use her college i.d. to get myself in. I would feel really bad about this, but they didn't serve alcohol there, so I didn't see the big deal. In fact, when I did turn 18 we were bored with The Bay and decided to start sneaking into the 21 and older clubs. (yet again, another blog post!)
After we would get in, it was non-stop dancing for hours! No wonder we were in such great shape back then. We would tell each other that we would stop on the next dull song, but that never seemed to happen, and we would rarely leave the dance floor. We met a lot of cool people and a lot of losers, but overall it was great innocent fun. (I swear!)
Jake is also a dancing freak! He even took breakdancing lessons when he was little. Like 8 or something. When he and I were dating we went to his cousins wedding in Denver. At the reception they had a dj, and Jake and I danced the entire time. I'm sure we were very entertaining. SO much fun! No wonder we get along so well.
What I really miss is hip-hop classes. Yes, I did say hip-hop. In my last neighborhood, my friend Debbie and I would go to the 'rec' to dance. It was so great. The best part was that I wasn't the oldest! I was really worried that it would be full of cute little high school girls showing everyone up, but there were even people my moms age there!
I have very few dance songs on my iPod. It is too tempting to want to dance instead of run. I have to be very selective. I have also found a bellydancing workout on fitTv called Shimmy. Yay, a workout with more dancing!
Nowdays I have to resort to dancing around the house with my kids. I think they all have the dancing bug as well, especially Patrick. He sure likes that Justin Timberlake! Yes. . . I'm so proud!
The End.

3 comments:
I expect to see your whole dancin' family at the next ward talent show!
Wow, there's a talent show? You shouldn't have told us! :) Maybe Jake can breakdance for everyone!
Love it. We are dancers and wooden spoon singers at our house. Gotta let loose somehow.
Post a Comment