I'm almost ashamed to admit that this next 'tidbit' I'm about to share with you was not a one-time event. Just keep this in mind...
When we lived in Utah I worked part-time for my dad (the local butcher) at a grocery store and would also help him out in his garage during hunting season. (He has a cool little set up at his home garage for those of you who don't know him!) I worked for him on and off after I had Miranda, and I could dictate my own schedule which was really nice.
We lived about 25 minutes from the store and my parent's house, so on the days that he needed me to help him in the garage, I would go straight to their house from work.
During the holidays my dad needed me to work longer than my usual 4 hour shift. (dang!) There were a few weeks where it almost felt like I had a real job and schedule. I wasn't used to working that much and I felt like I was rushing around to get things done at home and at the store.
Tuesday was 'deli day' at the store, and I would stand in the aisle all day stocking meats, cheeses and all sorts of goodies. That's about the only time that I would have any interaction with customers. I was usually in the back of the store wrapping meat or doing other boring things. (no offense Dad!)
One Tuesday I worked almost a full eight hours stocking the shelves and building displays. I saw quite a few of my parent's friends and neighbors, and stopped to visit with them from time to time. (very small town) After work that day I followed my dad home to help work in the garage. I ate dinner with my parents and my dad's employee (also named Jake), and then we headed out into the garage for another 4 or 5 hours of work.
After a couple of hours out there, I had a break in the action so I boosted myself up on the counter to rest for a minute. As I was sitting there chatting with the guys, I happened to look down at my shoes and realized something. . .I had on two completely different tennis shoes.
I just busted up laughing! The shoes didn't even look alike! My dad and Jake made fun of me as well, but I had worked with them all day and they didn't notice either! And no, this was not the first or even second time that this had happened to me. But it was the last. . . so far!
The End.
When we lived in Utah I worked part-time for my dad (the local butcher) at a grocery store and would also help him out in his garage during hunting season. (He has a cool little set up at his home garage for those of you who don't know him!) I worked for him on and off after I had Miranda, and I could dictate my own schedule which was really nice.
We lived about 25 minutes from the store and my parent's house, so on the days that he needed me to help him in the garage, I would go straight to their house from work.
During the holidays my dad needed me to work longer than my usual 4 hour shift. (dang!) There were a few weeks where it almost felt like I had a real job and schedule. I wasn't used to working that much and I felt like I was rushing around to get things done at home and at the store.
Tuesday was 'deli day' at the store, and I would stand in the aisle all day stocking meats, cheeses and all sorts of goodies. That's about the only time that I would have any interaction with customers. I was usually in the back of the store wrapping meat or doing other boring things. (no offense Dad!)
One Tuesday I worked almost a full eight hours stocking the shelves and building displays. I saw quite a few of my parent's friends and neighbors, and stopped to visit with them from time to time. (very small town) After work that day I followed my dad home to help work in the garage. I ate dinner with my parents and my dad's employee (also named Jake), and then we headed out into the garage for another 4 or 5 hours of work.
After a couple of hours out there, I had a break in the action so I boosted myself up on the counter to rest for a minute. As I was sitting there chatting with the guys, I happened to look down at my shoes and realized something. . .I had on two completely different tennis shoes.
I just busted up laughing! The shoes didn't even look alike! My dad and Jake made fun of me as well, but I had worked with them all day and they didn't notice either! And no, this was not the first or even second time that this had happened to me. But it was the last. . . so far!
The End.


1 comments:
Oh my, I have totally done that too. I used to have a thing for white sneakers. I went to school with an adidas shell toe on one foot and a converse on the other. I didn't notice it till like my 3rd class. At least they were both mostly white.
Post a Comment